Our aim is to provide a quality service, but we recognise that there may be situations where you feel we have not provided the quality of service expected, which you would like to bring to our attention.


Who can our complaints team assist?

We are not able to help with any complaint raised against a landlord or agent. If you want to discuss your concerns regarding a landlord/agent with us then please contact our customer services team using our contact information found on our support page.


Our Complaints team can only attempt to assist you when contacted for one of the following:

  • the service or experience you received from our team directly after you have followed and completed that departments escalation process.
  • highlighting an error found in the adjudication decision you received from us.


We are only able to deal with a complaint we receive from a landlord/agent or the lead tenant who are shown on the protection certificate when sent to us using their confirmed email address shown on their account.


If you are a landlord and have used an agent to protect a deposit then you will need to raise your complaint with that agent directly, they can then contact us on your behalf should they feel it be necessary.


What is the complaints process?

Our ability to help reduces the more the amount of time between the event occurring and from you raising your complaint. We are not able to assist with any complaint relating to a matter which occurred longer than 6 months prior to the date your complaint was raised.


Once we have received your complaint:

  • you will receive an acknowledgement from us
  • we aim to respond within 5 working days where your complaint relates to the service we have provided
  • we aim to respond within 20 working days where your complaint relates to an adjudication decision. This process cannot be used to appeal a decision which you agreed to be bound by unless there is an error in fact or law based on the evidence that was provided at that time

When we have completed a full investigation and provided you with our final response, we reserve the right to close your complaint and not enter into any further communication.


How can you raise your complaint?

Please provide us with as much detail as possible when filling out a complaint form, keeping it relevant so that we can address all the points raised as quickly and fully as possible.


If your complaint relates to an error found in the adjudication decision then you will need to consider the following:

  • If you raise a complaint on an adjudication decision on the basis only that you disagree with the outcome and are not able to demonstrate a clear error in fact, law or administration, then your complaint will not be upheld, and we have no alternative but to close your complaint.
  • We can only uphold a complaint where it is confirmed that the adjudicator made an error using the evidence that they were given at the time of writing their decision.
  • You need to confirm using our complaint form specifically where an error can be seen in the adjudicator’s decision, as well as confirming why you believe this to be an error.
  • We are not able to discuss or consider any claim(s) or claimed amount(s) not originally raised with the adjudicator at the time of the decision being completed.
  • We will ensure that the person responsible for dealing with your complaint has had no prior involvement, knowledge, or handling of your case.


You can download and complete our adjudication complaint form by clicking here.


If your complaint relates to service you received from a member of our mydeposits team then please download and complete our service complaint form by clicking here.


Our processes and service standards are set out in the Scheme Rules which can be found along with our Conditions of Deposit Disputes:

Scheme rulesScheme rules
Conditions of Deposit DisputesConditions of Deposit Disputes


Please email your completed complaint form to us at using your registered email address shown on your mydeposits account. Please remember to include our reference in the email subject line.


Alternatively, you can post it to us at:

mydeposits Complaints Team
1st Floor, Premiere House,
Elstree Way, Borehamwood,


Please note that our response timeframe will only start once we have received your complaint form.


mydeposits is not regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). The Department for Levelling Up, Housing & Communities (DLUHC) have responsibility for monitoring the Tenancy Deposit Protection Schemes but do not have a role in individual cases or complaints.