Our key partner and buy-to-let specialist, Hamilton Fraser, and renown industry expert, Paul Shamplina have released the next episode in their series of podcasts designed to help educate landlords within the private rented sector and better manage their lettings.
2016 – A Year in Review
In this episode, Paul Shamplina chats with Eddie Hooker, CEO of mydeposits and Hamilton Fraser about the past 12 months, covering topics such as:
- – Right to Rent and what this means for landlords and agents
- – Rent Smart Wales and how this could eventually be introduced in England
- – Changes to eviction notices
- – Legislative changes that are affecting landlords and agents across the UK
- – How the changes to stamp duty will have a knock on effect to the private rented sector
Looking ahead to 2017
The conversation also stretches ahead to the new year. Eddie and Paul take a look at legislation that is already in the pipeline and offer their predictions for the sector, over the next 12 months and beyond:
- – Mandatory client money protection insurance for letting agents and what this means for landlords
- – Tax changes and how this can affect your cash flow as a landlord
- – Changes to the wear and tear allowance
Whether they are legal requirements or changes to how you operate your lettings business, make sure you are up to date on the goings-on in the industry.