The privacy of our users is important to us and we take care to safeguard it. This policy explains how we use your personal information and elaborates on our Data Protection Notice (which is displayed at the point of user registration).
What information do we collect?
When you join as a Member, we will collect the information necessary to provide the service which includes, as a minimum, your name, correspondence address and an e-mail address. You can revisit your profile at any time to amend these details or to provide additional details.
We will also collect information from you if you complete any other forms on our site or if you contact us with comments or specific requests.
What do we use personal information for?
We will only use this information under the following circumstances:
- To contact you regarding tenancy deposit protection and related services;
- For offering other relevant services and products from mydeposits and its’ parent organisations (if you have given us permission to do so – see “Contacting you for other purposes” below);
- To provide relevant information to government and professional bodies to comply with statute or the rules of that organisation;
- To submit any details requested by any body investigating a crime or to comply with our contractual obligations under the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002, including where applicable credit referencing organisations
- Information requested by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs;
- To any tenant where the details of the tenanted property and the persons forming the Tenant have been registered with the Tenancy Deposit Scheme;
- To any interested third party who has provided the whole or part of the deposit as a guarantor or in another capacity;
- To the insurer of mydeposits (in respect of deposits protected under our Insurance Scheme) in order to comply with any conditions of the insurer;
- Any landlord who wishes to verify that the deposit has been protected;
- To any legal adviser.
We may also provide information that relates to a tenancy of premises, including personal or business address data of Landlords or Agents, to Local Housing Authorities in England in accordance with section 212A of the Housing Act 2004. Local Authorities may combine this information with other information obtained by them, and they may pass this information to an organisation who provides services to the authority.in relation to their duties under parts 1-4 of the Housing Act 2004.
Contacting you for other purposes
We will contact you about other mydeposits events and services from time to time by post, email, telephone, fax or email – but we will only contact you if you choose to provide these details and request that we contact you about events and services by ticking the relevant box in your profile. We may contact you occasionally about our surveys or special offers.
We will never pass your details on to other third parties.
Information collected automatically
We automatically collect information about your visit to our site. This information is used to make your visit to our site more efficient, and to help us follow browsing preferences on our site so that we can make regular improvements. Our web host may also automatically log your IP address, a unique identifier for your computer or other access device.
Cookies are small text files that can be used by web sites to make a user’s experience more efficient. Learn more about the cookies we use here.
Alternatively, more information about cookies, including how to block them and/or delete them, can be found at AboutCookies.org.
Protecting your data
We and our appointed scheme administrator will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on its securely hosted servers.
Information relating to electronic transactions entered into via this website is protected by encryption technology.
You can ask for a copy of the information we hold about you at any time (for which we may charge a small fee). We will also correct any inaccuracies in your information at your request.
If you have any queries concerning your personal information or any questions on our use of the information, please contact our Customer Services Manager on: